Free/Subsidised 1 Hour Workshop
Our workshop offers a new way to look at intervention and challenges conventional perceptions of behaviour management.
“COVO’s approach to the often complex issue of working with marginalised young people has led to
innovative solutions and insights into causes of disengagement.”
Hugh Stultz, out of school hours study support manager, Southwark Children’s Services
What are the benefits of the workshop?
This workshop for staff shares over 20 years experience of behavioural interventions, to add to enhance existing skills and experience. In the hour, we aim to demonstrate how movement, when combined with a reflective approach to behaviour, can offer outstanding benefits to both staff and pupils. They include:
- Instantly applicable behaviour management tools
- Providing staff a space to think and reflect on practise
- Reducing stress levels
- Key insights into the emotional responses behind challenging behaviour
- Information about our Intensive Behavioural Support Programme
What’s in the workshop?
The training comprises of three main stages, which form the framework of our proven approach to behaviour management:
- Movement – Participants engage in easy therapeutic exercises, which enable them to relax, whilst stimulating their ability to empathize with each other and develop group cohesion.
- Reflection – With the use of systemic reflection techniques, participants will experience new in-depth ways to look difficult behaviour and it’s underlying emotional causes, which will enable them to reflect on their teaching practice and the ways in which they respond to young people and their presenting behavioural issue.
- Outcome strategies – On the last stage we will look at a case study to be chosen by the participants. Thus the group will work towards a possible solution or an alternative intervention strategy for a current problem they are facing.
“COVO’s way of working has changed our outlook when working with students. Using COVO techniques one student was in tears, suddenly able to reflect on the implication of her behaviour. Everybody needs to do this course”
Anthony Legton, Teacher, Copford CSS
“I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend COVO to anyone working in the field of behaviour management. Their insights are invaluable to working practice and have wide practical application for both teaching staff and pupils”
Vanessa Mincher, Special Needs Coordinator
What does it cost?
- It’s FREE!
The workshop costs £275, but we are able to subsidise the cost for PRU’s and are now making our one hour workshop available to PRU’s absolutely free.
The only condition is that you register your interest in the free course before May 17th 2016
you can email firstname.lastname@example.org directly, or click below to book a consultation: