Over the past six years COVO has developed an intensive training programme specifically tailored to Pupil Referral Units (PRUs).
INTENSIVE BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT PROGRAMME
The aim of the programme is to provide teaching staff and young people with practical reflective tools to address daily difficulties and issues and self-manage behaviour. We focus on:
- Emotional and behavioural support
- Improving relationships
Our programmes run for anywhere between 12 weeks to a year, according to the needs of the client. Participants are taken through a learning experience consisting of four main phases:
Training style is participatory and innovative, using the tools of movement, group work games and self-reflection.
- Individual pupil-staff-parent support
- Small group work
- Group Training Packages (Anger Management, Self Esteem, Social Skills, Emotional Literacy, Reflective tools, Engagement through Games)
- Modelling school staff with child-centered strategies and practices
- Whole school support (developing a child-centered curriculum)
|One day course||An introduction on how to use reflection and movement activities to address children’s behaviour difficulties. Aimed at teachers and senior leader teams.|
|One term programme||Weekly sessions for students who are experiencing behavioural or social difficulties.|
|One year partnership||Working with students experiencing social and emotional difficulties from all year groups; ongoing support and training for teaching staff and parents.|